Buttons! Buttons! Everywhere!

Buttons! Buttons! Everywhere!

Monday, April 5, 2010

Have you thought about a Book Club?

For those of you who have read a lot or even a little, do you realize that your local library is a wealth of information for Book Clubs? After a little prodding from one of my writing buddies, I got ahold of our public library and found out there are four local book clubs where I live! I've joined one. We meet the first Monday of the month and discuss a preassigned book.

It's a wonderful time to get to know other readers and for writers it can be one of the greatest outlets you have for your work! I'm taking my completed manuscript to a Book Club in Des Moines on Wednesday for their unbiased critique! They don't know me, but ar excited to be part of this process, so I know I'll get honest ideas to make the story even better!

If you're not open to mixing it up with a group, try this website for an online Book Club!
http://www.WritersDigestBookClub.com

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the Des Moines club. Maybe it's best they don't know you. You'll get an unfiltered, more market-authentic response.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!