Buttons! Buttons! Everywhere!

Buttons! Buttons! Everywhere!

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Where in the World is Ginger? and a contest to boot!

This last couple of weeks has been a world wind! I've been in Connecticut, Minneapolis,Hilton Head, South Carolina and Indianapolis!  I travel a lot but don't get to see too much! Now and again I dart from the hotel to somewhere interesting, but knowing how much still has to be written,  back to the hotel I go! I'm very fortunate though to meet wonderful people along the way. This morning on my way home I met an educational book publisher. We had a nice conversation on publishing for her field.  I learn something from everyone!

I'm home for a couple of days and hope to complete  my final edits by next weekend!

Here's a contest I've entered and had fun with. Hope Clark had the details on Funds for Writers! www.fundsforwriters.com

This is an excellent exercise for learning tight writing. Try it!

100 WORDS OR FEWER FICTION CONTEST


http://www.100wordsorfewerwritingcontest.com/index.php?id=9

---

$15 ENTRY FEE - CRITIQUES AVAILABLE FOR ADDITIONAL FEE



Deadline July 18, 2010. Entrants may be located anywhere on Earth.

Both contests require 100 words or fewer. Two categories:

A. Original:

100 words or fewer, on any subject whatsoever (excluding lewd).
B. New Contest:

Stories will revolve around either (a) "The Old Man" or (b) "Home."

Prizes

Original - First Prize--$500. Second Prize--$100.

New - Subjects are "The Old Man" and "Home." From the pool of

these stories, one story will receive a First Prize of $150.

One story will receive a Second Prize of $50.

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried microfiction. Myslexia Magazine also regularly runs microfiction contests for publication. Once I finish this semester, I'll have to try one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that One! I'd never heard of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!