Buttons! Buttons! Everywhere!

Buttons! Buttons! Everywhere!

Monday, May 17, 2010

A Great Day and a Little Encouragement

I had a great day. First,I'm home! Got  manuscript to Sarah for the last going over before I print it and send it to the professional reader. Many thanks to the Des Moines Reading Group for the assistance in helping me correct issues they noticed!

We had our employee retreat, where our company brought in Steve Young, author of the book "Micro-messaging". He gave some wonderful advice to us on "It's not just what you say, but how you say it and how others perceive what you say." If you haven't read it and don't work in a solitary room, you'll enjoy the comon sense approach to "reading" the real meaning of what others say to you and what you may be saying to them. A good read!  I'm lucky to work at a place that cares so much about its employees!

Now, on to writing issues. When I started this blog, my goal was to offer a little advice to first time writers or people who have a dream! Now and then I get wonderful notes from you that lets me know that's what I'm doing. Today I got the following note that really touched me.


Good Morning Ginger!
You have been an inspiration to me through your creative new venture of writing! I wrote a short short story about my daughter's dolls & playmates when she was a child....I know sounds a bit crazy...but the reason for my madness is that I am giving her a baby shower next weekend. 30 years ago, I had packed and put away many of her dolls, stuffed animals etc. I washed them up in the washing machine, spruced up their clothing etc. They look terrific now. Anyway, I decided to write a short story from the dolls  point of view,  talking about their time with her and how they will soon be her daughter's playmates. I had a lot of fun writing it.  Thanks for your Inspiration!
Joe


This blog is not about me. It's about you and what you can accomplish if you just put your pen to paper! So get out there and live your dream, taking time to encourage and  help each other. It doesn't have to be a best seller. It just has to be your best try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!