Buttons! Buttons! Everywhere!

Buttons! Buttons! Everywhere!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

How Did I Get to This Point

For those of you out there like me, who’ve always wanted to follow the dream of writing and never thought you’d be able to, hang on….there’s hope. I’ve always written. Little tidbits, short stories, notes in my Bible, you know, things I wrote for my eyes only. But I'd often whine to my husband that I wished I had the time to REALLY write, meaning, for someone else. Well, I guess after thirty plus years, his loving patience wore out.

One day he blurted out, “What’s stopping you?”
When I couldn’t think of any excuse good enough for him to believe, I gave in and admitted, “You’re right! It’s me!” I knew what to write, I just didn’t know the craft of writing, which I find fascinating.

At work they encourage employees to continue learning and support us financially to do just that. When I made the decision (at Michael’s persuation) to go back to school, we had to decide where.

From there it’s been a blur. Michael spent a lot of time parusing the internet looking for a low residency program that had integrity. We settled on Wilkes University in Wilkes-Barre, PA and I haven’t looked back. I’ll spend some time down the road talking about the great program and the people that have become a part of my life. For now, have a great day!

Oh! Thanks to all who are commenting whether here or Facebook or email! It is most appreciated! I hope as you walk this walk with me, you'll learn something new! And to my friend Marty! Thanks for the continuing English lessons on grammer and punctuation. You make me a better writer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!