Buttons! Buttons! Everywhere!

Buttons! Buttons! Everywhere!

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Fort Fairfield, Maine...A Writer's Group

I have been doing a bit of traveling the past six weeks for the books. This was a special journey for me, as I was returning to a few of the places that carried some great memories for me. The first stop was  Fort Fairfield, Maine, my birthplace. The first scheduled stop was to talk to a group of writers at a wonderful old Carnegie library.

The librarian was the wonderful! Sharon Nadeau welcomed my sister and I with open arms. She and her staff provided refreshments and such a beautiful place to work with other writers. I could not have asked for a more gracious group of women who eagerly listened, asked questions and made me feel like a million bucks!

Along with this terrific visit was the opportunity to stay with an aunt who means more to me than the sporadic contact I have kept with her can indicate. We spent time remembering long-passed loved ones and rummaged through old pictures that made me laugh. To make this journey even more memorable, I got to spend a lot of time with my older sister, something we haven't done since we were very young.

Enjoy the photos! There will be more to come as we moved along. The connection to the book, Run, River Currents was the fact that Richard Street, the street mentioned in Emily's youth was actually a real street we lived on in Maine!  A wonderful surprise that happened at the library was that one of the writer's who attended my seminar was my oldest sister's dear friend during the time we lived on Richard Street! It was a great time and I'm indebted to Fort Fairfield for having me visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!