Buttons! Buttons! Everywhere!

Buttons! Buttons! Everywhere!

Monday, September 3, 2012

An Interview Straight From the Heart with Author Teresa Morrow!!

I'm always so excited when I have the honor of hosting other authors! Today, I'll be interviewing Teresa Morrow, author of Love Lessons from the Heart. Please help me welcome Teresa. Don't forget to log on and leave a few comments and visit Teresa's website!


So Teresa, you are a book blogger and fellow writer, but is there
something more my readers would like to know about you?


I do like sharing a little bit about myself with readers, so here are 10 interesting things they might want to know about me:
I love to cook.
I enjoy watching tennis and boxing.
Two of my favorite authors are Ed McBain and Janet Evanovich (I have
several favs)
I have a teenage daughter.
I enjoy walking in my local park.
I grew up with 4 brothers and 2 sisters.
My biological mom passed away when I was six years old.
Two of my favorite drinks are green tea and white chocolate mocha (yes,
the one from Starbucks)
I am so lucky to have met the love of my life (and I’m married to him).
I weighed only a little over one pound when I was first born.


You seem to have an inspiring attitude. Is that what you had in
mind when you created your blog?


I hadn’t thought about it that way but yes, I guess I did. One of the
things that I try to convey to others is inspiration. It’s good to know
you got that when you came to the site. I get inspired by others and then
I try to carry it out from myself to others.

You are also the author of Life Lessons from the Heart. Tell us
a little bit about the book and how you came to write it.


Life Lessons from the Heart came to me initially from an unexpected
medical journey with my husband the summer of 2011. He had a heart attack
and then needed surgery for peripheral artery disease due to smoking. From
this experience, I wanted to share the lessons I learned. When I began to
write those lessons, I thought of other experiences in my life. I learned
lessons from several things in my life such as losing my mom when I was
six and being disowned by my family when I began dating a man who was
from a different race.

Those lessons are difficult and we find ourselves always struggling with the right answers don't we? Even through those personal struggles did you always know you were going to be a writer?

No, I wouldn’t say that. I have wanted to be a writer for many years but it was recently(within this past year) I would say, I knew I was going to be a writer. I was in corporate jobs for many years and then worked online as author promoter for five years. I know say I am a writer first and then I do other things as secondary work.

So, what have been the main challenges in writing this book?

Hmmm,challenges. I would say not being sure how I wanted to publish it. Since it is not a long book, I decided to publish it as an ebook. And even
before that, questioning whether I should put out a short book at all. But
I relied on my inner guidance to tell me and it led me to where I am
today.

And being where you are now is a good place to be isn't it? How do you find time to write and still be so encouraging to others?

My love is writing so I find time to write when I feel like it. I
try to write mostly every day. I think the encouraging part comes from
believing in myself and the power of the written word. I think that if you
believe in what you are doing and it is coming from your true life
purpose, you can encourage others to do the same.

That's a great attitude to have. So do you have another book in progress? If so, explain a bit about it.

Yes, I do. The book I’m writing is a women fiction book titled,
It All Comes Back to Love. The story is inspired by true life events. It
is about a twenty nine year old Caucasian single mom who decides to date
an older African American man.

Mmmm. From true life, I'm guessing! You encourage so many others; share with us a moment someone encouraged you.

Thank you for your kind words. The moment when someone encouraged me was when I was writing this book and I showed it to my daughter. I was wondering if it was enough of a book to even worth putting out in to the world and she said to me, “It only takes one sentence sometimes to change someone’s life. You have tons of sentences in here Mom. Publish it!” I truly get encouraged every day though; when I read the stuff other people have been through and how they have gotten through it. There is encouragement all around us.

Could you give us an example of your writing style from your
book?


An excerpt from the 1st chapter – Thinking Outside the Box
Thinking outside the box may show you inspiration, empowerment,
encouragement you never knew existed.” ~ Teresa Morrow

“The world is about influence. There are influencers all around us at all
times. The importance is to recognize if a certain influence fits into our
life or not. And we get to make the decision to accept it or not. We get
to choose whether or not an influence become a part of us or not. Some of
them we decide don’t fit our lifestyle or values, so we don’t take them
on. Others we align with so we accept them and bring them into our lives…”
“…Life is a journey and a part of that journey is going outside the
perimeter of the box and seeing if you agree with what is beyond the
perimeter of the box or not. But you have a choice. You get to choose.”


That was a great exerpt! Thanks for sharing that with us! Now what books are in your “must read” pile?

Oh so many…but I will share a few. Love in a Nutshell by Janet Evanovich; Suzanne’s Diary for Nicholas by James Peterson; Uncharted TerriTORI by Tori Spelling; SkinnyDipping by Bethanny Frankel.

Like most readers, you have eclectic tastes! Now, because you have asked others one quirky question, here’s one for you. What one specific piece of clothing do you remember from your youth. Describe it to us and tell us how it made you feel!

I had this cute turquoise skirt I got for 9th grade. I wore it for the first day of school. I paired it with a graphic abstract shirt that had turquoise and yellow squares on the shirt. I felt really cool; like a normal teenager. I was the youngest of seven kids so I didn’t get the chance to get new clothes very often. This was one of the outfits I got for school that year.

I remember an outfit that was that important to me too, Teresa. Well,it was great having you visit with me. Where can readers find out more about your book?

Well, they can purchase the book at:
Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/204829
(download for Kindle, Nook and iPad, etc)
They can visit my website at:
http://tereasmorrow.com or tweet me using my handle @teresamorrow

Or they can also visit me on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Teresa-Morrow-AuthorWriterPoet/211907189211

So friends, head on over for a visit with this lovely woman! You'll find your visit to be a good one! And thank you Teresa for spending some time with us today! We hope you'll come back and share with us again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!