Buttons! Buttons! Everywhere!

Buttons! Buttons! Everywhere!

Monday, August 27, 2012

The Wind, She is a Howling!

Just arrived back from Orlando where all the talk is about the Tropical Storm/Hurrican Isaac. I live it's supposed path, so after work it was time to batten down the hatches for the upcoming storm. I should be packing, yet again, for my journey to Portland, Oregon on Wednesday, but the winds will decide that journey for me.

Around here they say that the days following the storm will be spectacularly beautiful. But right now, I'm listening to banging as wood is being hammered in place over windows. It's my first tropical storm/ hurricane, so I have foolishly done nothing to prepare, except for making sure I have plenty of food, water, gas in the car and toilet paper.

The electricity is sure to go out from what I hear. The neighbors have whipped up a party and the music is blaring as they go from neighbor to neighbor helping each other prepare. I did go out and slap a rock on top of the hot tub cover and then pulled the flag down. Coming from Tornado Alley, I just can't imagine this being more than a windy, rainy couple of days.

So, my friends. Pray for me and pray for the many who will go though the winds that are blowing this way. And pray it will be over by next Saturday because I'm heading to Maine for a little R & R.

Thanks to my wonderful sister Sue, I'll be doing a reading from Run, River Currents at the Highlands Coffee House in Thomaston, Maine on Saturday, September 7! Well, that's if the winds dont blow me away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!