Buttons! Buttons! Everywhere!

Buttons! Buttons! Everywhere!

Friday, June 29, 2012

Children...

I'm actually at home for a few days and loving every minute of it, but I was in a grocery store today. Young mother clasping the hand of a small child. Hard. I could tell the child must of been tired, his little face crimped, his tiny legs pecking at the floor behind the hurried woman. As she threw her food items on the counter, the child slumped to the floor and began to cry. The kind of cry that says to any mother that he needs something. Every mother but his own. She lurched at him, jerking him to his feet then slapping his little face, screaming that he should shut up. I was at the end of the aisle and pushed my cart aside to try and stop her, tell her to stop it. Before I could reach her, she disappeared out the door, the little boy being dragged behind. I know, I could kick myself for not moving faster, not running to him and holding him like a child needs to be held. Abuse seems to be everywhere. Help a child when you see this happen. They can't help themselves. Here's a book that will break your heart. The Beans of Egypt, Maine by Carolun Chute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!