Buttons! Buttons! Everywhere!

Buttons! Buttons! Everywhere!

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Shoveling

Just got back from "The Breakers" hotel in Palm Beach, FL. It's a lovely property, but trying to choke down a $45 hambueger becomes too much for someone like me. The property sits on the ocean, (which I only saw in a drive-by) and is a wonderful resort. I got to visit with a good friend who is a property manager for a Palm Beach family. That was great to see him.

He took me to a restaurant that sat on a small marina. We had a great dinner, so I returned there the next night with two of the girls who worked in a couple of booths around me. When we arrived, a jolly man named Randy, (who looked like a sea-faring Captain) cajoled us into joining a table of strangers. We all laughed and had a great time. A lovely woman named Nancy was digging in her beach purse and pulled out a small yellow plastic shovel and gave it to me. Probably because I told her I'm a writer. She knows about the shoveling of tale tales we do. She herself is an artist. She was a delightful lady. I promised I'd carry the little shovel with me, so if you see it in photos from time to time, you'll understand why!

Because I have been having technical difficulties with my computer, I haven't been able change photos from my camera or pull my contests for you. This should be corrected in a day or two, so hang with me!

In the meantime, keep writing!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, there, Sunshine! Sorry your computer's punkin' out on you. Hey, thanks for ANOTHER opera book. Arrived in yesterday's It's a beauty. You are so kind to think of me. You won a prize in the Half-Year Hoopla at Operatoonity, a signed copy of the anthology that published my story. I'll ship that out. Hope to talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee Thanks Gray! I'll excitedly await the arrival! Congrats on your "anniversary"! I'm awaiting YOUR new book! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!